Python - DevOps
We are a small, independent IT company that develops and operates software systems with a focus on security and stability.
Part of our services includes integration, expansion and live provisioning of a complex Zope application for Internet Service Providers worldwide.
We’re looking for longterm support from experienced system engineers with comprehensive skills in the following four areas:
- Linux server administration
- Python programming
- Customer communication and support via telephone as well as through remote sessions
- Foundations of IT security or a developed interest in learning these
- Fulltime, collaborative employment for a minimum period of 2 years
- Training will take place in Berlin. After successful completion of this phase, you will be able to work remotely.
- Following the training period, you may also determine your own work hours.
- You should be able to work, organize and learn independently (with help from the team, if desired).
- Service Providers: Internet, telephone, TV
- Network technologies: TCP/IP, CWMP, TR-069, SSL, HTTP, DSL, DOCSIS, voIP
- Highly available Linux server (Debian, CentOS)
- Linux system administration (with a focus on networks, databases, clustering)
- Security of systems, processes and communication channels
- Setup, maintenance and extension of Zope/Python-based server software for CPE management (customer devices, e.g. routers, modems, settop boxes)
- Python programming (extensions, new features, debugging and bug fixing)
- Open communication and coordination directly with your client
- Coordination with team, project manager and our partner(s)
- Autonomous development, testing and acceptance of your individual projects
- Basic documentation of your work
What you can expect:
- Young colleagues
- Flat hierarchies and the possibility for lots of active participation on your part
- You work independently as part of a team. Team members are responsible for supporting one another. You’ll solve challenges together and share your knowledge and skills.
- We’re ready for you; you can start today!
Do you want to work with us? Then send us your résumé and a little bit about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like to show us your Github profile or other projects you’ve worked on, feel free to pass those along too! Photo and DOB are not necessary to include.