Student Employee — Linux System Administrator
We are a small, independent IT company that develops and operates software systems with a focus on security and stability.
We are currently looking for someone to join our team as a student employee to help manage our internal services. These services run on Linux. You should already have some experience working with Linux and administrating servers, and you will be able to deepen your understanding of those with us.
We manage our services through the command line. That means that you should already have some experience working with command lines—especially in UNIX systems—, and you’re interested in learning about the whole lifecycle of a service deployment.
- You will work with our team in our office in Berlin. After your training period home office and remote work can be arranged.
- Your hours are flexible, and your studies always come first. If you need to work less for a while, no hard feelings! If you want to work more for a bit, this can be arranged easily and quickly as well.
- You will be able to work, organize and learn independently, with guidance from your team.
You will work in a small and effective team, supporting them by deploying and maintaing all kinds of internal services. You’ll also be able to pair with the rest of the team on client projects, and pick up different toolchains, stacks, and programming languages in the process!
What you can expect:
- A team of motivated professionals.
- Flat hierarchies and lots of opportunity for active participation.
- Independent work as part of a supportive team.
- Challenges requiring collaborative solutions.
- Mentorship from experienced developers and system administrators.
- The opportunity to look at many different projects.
- Quick, comprehensive on-boarding!
Do you want to work with us? Then send us your résumé and a little bit about yourself to email@example.com. If you’d like to show us your Github profile or other projects you’ve worked on, feel free to pass those along too! Photo and DOB not necessary.