Cloud Architect - DevOps
We are a small, independent IT company that develops and operates software systems with a focus on security and stability.
We are currently expanding our team! You will be responsible for designing and building an entirely new cloud system from top to bottom for one of our clients.
We are looking for an experienced cloud architect or developer with strong Linux networking skills to complement our team.
Experience with some of the following technologies would be great:
- Cloud Management Software such as OpenStack, Eucalyptus and Nimbus.
- Creation and maintenance of Kubernetes clusters and Docker containers.
- Hardening and security using Apparmor or SELinunx.
- Automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, SaltStack and Puppet.
- Firewall technologies like iptables (BPF).
- Software-defined Storage Systems (SDS) such as Ceph.
- Terraform and Vagrant.
- An understanding of the Linux kernel, including tasks such as custom builds and patches.
- Experience working in a data center environment, doing things like wiring, deploying and configuring devices, and power and inventory management.
We understand that you might not be confident in all of these technologies, and that’s okay! If you think you fit the general profile, we would still like to hear from you.
- The minimum project length is 18 months, after which you may take on other projects.
- You will work with our team in our office in Berlin. After your training period home office and remote work can be arranged.
- The job will include occasional short trips to other cities in Germany.
- Following the training period, you may also determine your own hours, in cooperation with your team members and client.
- You will be able to work, organize and learn independently, with guidance from your team.
You will work as a DevOps engineer in a rapidly growing cloud environment. You should be proficient with cloud technologies powering environments such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, among others. You will plan, deploy and maintain the infrastructure from the hardware (datacenter) through the network to the application level. You should know how to utilize a variety of tools, and be open to learn new ones. You will assist the team in the creation of full automation, using technologies like Ansible, Chef and Puppet. You should be effective in an environment that uses Scrum and Kanban.
What you can expect:
- A team of motivated professionals.
- Flat hierarchies and lots of opportunity for active participation.
- Independent work as part of a supportive team.
- Challenges requiring collaborative solutions.
- Quick but comprehensive on-boarding!
Do you want to work with us? Then send us your résumé and a little bit about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like to show us your Github profile or other projects you’ve worked on, feel free to pass those along too! Photo and DOB not necessary.